Attending singles events can be a mixed bag. For those who have had the fortunate of always being able to find a romantic partner or always be in a relationship, singles events are a very foreign concept. Like everything else in life, there are some pros and cons in attending singles events.
- There will be free food and drinks. If you come across a man or a woman who doesn’t appreciate free food, then that person is not the one you want to hang out with at this singles event.
- You have an opportunity to dress up to the nines. If you think you don’t have something nice to wear, or would like an excuse to go shopping, this is a perfect opportunity to go shopping for a new outfit.
- You have an opportunity to attend a hopefully nice and respectable bar or restaurant for the price of gratis. If you like the joint, you can come back with friends or dates. If not, at least you checked out a new place.
- You just might meet the one.
- You just might meet the one to take home tonight for some of the greatest mind-blowing sex of your life.
- There is a chance that you develop food poisoning for the stuffed mushrooms or that spicy baked thing that resembles a pizza bite.
- There is always that one creepy old guy who will attempt to strike up a conversation with you on more than one occasion.
- The music will eventually suck. No matter if there is a pre-programmed playlist, live band, or a live DJ, the music will skewer into dance music.
- The open bar scenario, if you are that lucky, will quickly become the worst part of these events, especially when people turn into drunken imbeciles.
- You bump into someone you know is already in a relationship.
- You spill something on that new outfit of yours. Or worse, one of the drunken imbeciles spills their umpteenth glass of wine.
Singles events are opportunities for unattached individuals to meet someone new. The good news is that there’s a wide variety of events to choose from.