Romantic & Creative Date Ideas
Romantic Date Ideas
Whether you’re looking to ignite or rekindle romance—or simply keep it aflame—it’s not just what you do on the date, it’s how you treat your significant other while you’re on it.
“Romance is created through affection between the two of you, like compliments, light touching or remembering what your partner likes—like their favorite ice cream or a single stem of their favorite flower,” Greer says. “Romance can be found when you pay attention to your partner, remember what they like and show them they matter to you.”
Some romantic ideas for Date for her or for him include:
- Dinner date night. Have dinner at a quiet, quaint restaurant; or at home, paired with a good bottle of wine.
- Go ballroom dancing.
- See a show at a comedy club. “Laughter is the fiber of intimacy,” Greer says. “Laughing together helps people bond.”
- Get a couple’s massage together.
- Plan a weekend away. Plan a ski trip, a stay at a bed-and-breakfast, or a quick getaway to a nearby city.
“Flowers and candlelight can be romantic, but so can hot dogs and a baseball game,” Boykin says. “It is a balance between doing what you know your partner loves and taking a little risk to try something you think they may like. The idea that there’s still more to learn and be surprised by in your relationship is what fuels the sense of romance.”
Creative Date Ideas
Use your imagination to come up with a few unique date ideas your partner won’t see coming. Some of our favorite dates are unexpected, creative and adventurous. Give these out-of-the-box date ideas a try for a new twist on the same old date.
- Go glamping. Let’s say one of you loves to “rough it” and the other would rather stay in a fancy hotel. Meet in the middle for a little “elegant camping,” Limongello suggests. You can still enjoy the great outdoors together but with some creature comforts.
- Get crafty. “Make something beautiful,” Li says. “Put your creative minds together—bury a time capsule, make a short film, home brew with seasonal ingredients or make jewelry.”
- Foster or rescue a pet. This is a fun idea for couples that live together. Share the love by welcoming a furry friend into your home!
- “Do a food truck tour,” Li says. “Support local entrepreneurs while you enjoy a range of tasty treats.”
- Take a photo walk. “Wander around and capture anything that catches your eye with a camera or phone” Li says. “Try shooting from a different perspective than you usually do. Have fun and be silly!”