Online dating presents a number of amazing opportunities to connect with like-minded people and potential romantic partners. Here are a few online dating tips for introvert people.
- You get what you pay for. Sites that cost are likely to attract people who are serious. And you might find you have to experiment with various sites before you find one that feels right for you.
- Be as honest and creative as you can in your profile. If you enjoy spending your free time editing Wikipedia, or have taken up tap dancing, say so. Everybody loves walks on the beach and cuddling by a fire. You’re looking for someone who finds your particular interests charming and fascinating, so if you have any kind of a freak flag, now is the time to let it fly.
- Look for important clues in profiles and emails. Are all the person’s photos at parties? Is that what you’re looking for? Be as selective in the online winnowing out process as you are in making friends in the real world.
- Introverts love communicating in writing. Don’t email too long before meeting. It’s a bummer to get all interested in someone in writing, then find you have no chemistry in person.
- You still have to go out on first dates. There’s no way around it. But one-on-one is where introverts can shine, so try not to sweat it. And if you spend a little time getting to know the person via email, your first dates might be a little less chitchat and a little more real conversation.
- Be patient. Don’t give up, but take breaks when it all starts getting wearing. Suspend your profile for a while and get on with life. Maybe somebody will drift into it after all.
Online dating is one way to meet new people. And while this article focuses on online dating tips for introverts, obviously there are many different ways to meet others.