For the most part, gay men are like everyone else on the dating scene. They’re looking for affection, attention and love. Like their straight counterparts, gay men also desire connection, companionship and commitment and need some gay dating tips.
Unfortunately, the gay dating pool is viciously competitive. So follow this practical gay dating tips:
1. Get in the game. Sitting on the sidelines will get you nowhere. This doesn’t mean you have to play every day. The goal is for the single gay community to know you’re in circulation.
2. Try something new. Try a sparkling, new approach to gay dating. That is, if you’ve been doing the same thing and expecting a different result, then change detergents, add some fabric softener and try a new way of putting yourself out there.
3. Step out of the box. You love to run, hike and go to the theater. Now what activity would be so out of the box for you, it might put you in a space to meet new guys, make friends with people who have gay friends or try a new hobby? Think of it this way: If you can step out of the closet, you can certainly step out of your rut!
4. Reflect what you desire. If you really want a guy who appreciates monogamy, then hanging out with people who have open relationships probably isn’t the best place to meet Mr. Right.
5. Be an fun-loving. Let the fun-loving gay dater in you out to play. What’s the worst that can happen?
6. Stop comparing. Check out the merchandise, evaluate the functionality, weigh the benefits, but for crying out loud, stop comparing yourself to everyone around you! Find your stride, your way, your place and snuggle in. That cozy warm space of dating your way will find you.
7. Trust yourself. Trust is the basis of everything.
Whether it’s a first date, casual dating or dating to mate, gay guys face the same challenges as everyone else.