No matter your gender or sexual orientation, dating can seem like a minefield. Sometimes we meet the wrong people, choose a bad venue or fall head over heels with someone who just wants to be friends. This 10 gay dating tips will help you bag a great date.
- Turn off your ClickDate profile before the date begins, even if that’s where you found him. That little “pop” sound while you give him flowers is a romantic buzz kill.
- Do not “friend” your date on Facebook before or after the initial meeting. If you’re not a good match, you’re both going to share that awkward moment of “Do I un-friend him or keep reading his newsfeed”.
- Even though gay men love to label everyone, they despise being labeled. So whether he’s a Bear, Daddy or any of the other zillion names we give one another, only address him in generic terms, like handsome, sexy, hung.
- If you’re over thirty and at least four years older than your date, don’t be surprised if he calls you Daddy. Take it as a compliment; do not take it as a reason to pick up the check.
- If he insists on taking “important calls” several times during your date, don’t automatically think he’s blowing you off. Chill out, and use the time to call your sponsor for encouragement.
- Nowadays, it’s common sense to remember that, if you sleep with someone who’s in a 12-Step program, you are also sleeping with everyone in his Home Group. Be prepared to be judged by all the members of the orgy.
- If you’ve met the guy online and have never met in person, and if his entire gay chat so far has been about how amazingly hot you are and how amazingly much he’s into you and how he’s quite certain you’re the guy for him, he will hate you within 20 minutes of your date and you will never hear from him again. If you request an explanation, he will call you a stalker and block you from any social media sites you might share.
- Fashions change, so know the basics. No flip-flops, no shaving, and, even if it is after Memorial Day, absolutely no white underwear.
- If you like the guy and want things to go well, put everything out on the table: HIV status, views on monogamy, and, for Florida residents, guns.
- It’s a sign of a true gentleman if you walk him to his door and he says it’s too soon for you to come inside. It’s also more than likely a sign that he still lives with his on-again off-again ex.
For more gay chat and dating insight from ClickDate visit our blog and put the tips and advices into practice and meet someone new.