If you are looking for love, and your head is spinning, there’s good reason. The dating world has changed more in the last 15 years than in the previous 100. Love today comes with a seemingly endless number of options — how we seek love, whom we love, and how we define our love, to name just a few.
So let’s see the 8 new rules of dating in this modern dating world.
- No more waiting game – Yes, no more waiting “3 days” after a date to contact your new love interest. If you had an amazing first date, text your date the very next day and let him/her know how you feel about.
- He asks, She pays – In modern era of dating world, gender roles are negotiable. Sometimes the lady wants to pay for a night out and sometimes it’s the other way around. This means our old fashioned dating rules have become a little more flexible nowadays, and that is a wonderful thing.
- Ensure Every Date Is Fun – Studies have shown that when taking someone out on a date, the primary factor that will determine the success of the event is how much fun it was.
- Your Past Is Always Present – Prepare to be Googled. If your past is less than savory, be prepared to explain.
- 40 Is the New 30 – We are all living longer these days, and in many cases, aging a lot more gracefully. Maybe it’s time to reconsider widening your dating age parameters.
- Do Not Ignore Red Flags – If you’re uncomfortable around someone, pay attention to the red flags. Don’t force yourself to stay in a bad situation, or to say yes to a date that you know, without a doubt, can lead nowhere.
- The World Is Smaller Than Ever – Thanks to the technology, the world has become a smaller place and you can even manage long distance relationship and can enjoy your virtual dates.
- End It Well – Make it your goal to end it well. Cherish the relationship for what it is, respect the person you’re with. And if it’s not meant to be, walk away from the relationship having given it your best and with no regrets.
Whether we are talking about a first date or a lifelong love story, our best and bravest work is to understand and care for ourselves. Be yourself. Present yourself authentically, laugh at the things you find funny, share your personal viewpoints on topics. Give your date an opportunity to get to know the real you.