No secret here – dating can be a real pain. Nothing is more nerve-wracking than a first date. And while, dates are meant to be a precursor to an actual relationship, first dates are also mini-interviews disguised as social outings, whether we like to admit it or not. That’s why figuring out what to talk about ahead of time with a list of good dating questions and conversation starters is so important.
Remember the purpose of these dating questions is to ease you into a natural conversation, not just pepper them with questions. Once you have found a topic that you both have in common, spend some time finding out more. It’s a conversation, not an interrogation after all. Ask lots of follow questions and give elaborate answers to their questions, so they have something to work with.
First date questions list
- Where are you originally from?
- What do you like to do when you’re not working?
- Have you traveled anywhere cool lately/do you have any trips coming up?
- Have you read any good books recently?
- If you won the lottery tomorrow, what’s the first thing you’d buy?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Do you like your job? What do you want to do next?
- What’s your social life like? Do you have a big group of friends?
- What are some accomplishments that you are really proud of?
- Where’s the strangest place you’ve ever been?
Mix and match these dating questions and pull them out as you need to so you can learn about your date and have a great conversation too! Learn more about first dates on ClickDate.