It’s no secret that successful relationships need to involve a level of friendship. The problem with having crushes on dating a friend is that you don’t want it to happen. But why don’t we want it to happen? We already know these people like the back of our hand. In my personal opinion-you should try it at least once.
Knowing what you’re getting into before jumping in the game is always important. Here’s some points to consider when contemplating on whether or not it would be cool for you and your bestie to date.
Your friendship might change if things get complicated between both of you. You could turn from “friends” to an awkward tension filled relationship that causes other problems within friendships.
The whole idea of hanging out with them like nothing has changed after finding out about their new dating status will make you really uncomfortable. It seems like they can still do everything together; but there’s also feelings involved now which changes everything.
The relationships where two people started as friends seem to run smoother and last longer than those who started off as strangers to one another. Obviously all relationships are different so that statement doesn’t apply to every pair out there.
Dating a friend can provide some serious benefits that dating someone new simply cannot replicate. Give it a try – Worst case scenario, nothing changes and you remain friends. However, there’s a great chance that your relationship with your friend will only deepen and blossom into something beautiful as a result of taking this step!
10 reasons why dating your friend isn’t weird
1. You’re already comfortable with each other. Getting to know a new person and being comfortable with them is often very difficult. When you dating a friend this factor is already completed and there’s no awkwardness involved.
There is no need to impress your friend, you can just be yourself. You don’t have to worry about whether or not they like you because they already do!
2. Communication within a relationship is a very important factor. Knowing somebody for a long amount of time makes it even easier to talk to them which leads to a healthy relationship built on trust and communication.
This is a very important factor in any relationship, but it’s even more crucial when dating a friend. Trust and communication are key!
3. Let’s be honest. Everybody has some habit that another person could consider weird. Luckily with friends, they already know your weird habits and still like you.
This means that they know your quirks and still want to be around you. If a date can’t handle some of the things that make you, well, you, then they’re definitely not worth dating!
You also know what each other is like without any filters so there’s already a foundation of trust built in. Dating a friend can be great because you’re already comfortable with each other which makes for a more relaxed relationship.
4. In new relationships with a person that hasn’t been in your life too long you probably don’t know everything that may push their buttons. With your friends, you probably already know your limits and what the other person likes or dislikes.
When you’re already comfortable with the person, there’s no reason to hold back on your feelings.
5. There’s no weird “getting to know each other” stage. We all know what stage this is. It’s the stage of going on dates and having small talk conversations that can sometimes lead to awkward pauses and silence. Although it may be a little awkward when you first start dating a friend.
6. Friends have seen you at your best and they’ve seen you at your worst. You don’t feel inclined to act a certain way to impress them. This makes the whole process much easier.
7. You can talk to each other like friends. You feel like you can talk about anything and everything with that person-even though they probably know almost everything already. It’s like starting a relationship with your soulmate.
8. They know how weird you can be. Your friend has probably seen you in your weirdness prime. You know it’s 100 percent okay to act however you want.
9. You both probably share similar friend circles so you don’t have to worry about your friends liking/disliking them. Your friend groups are probably familiar with each other which eliminates the awkward first impression.
Your friends already know each other. They don’t need to accept your boyfriend/girlfriends to their group. It’s just a plus.
10. Past relationships won’t come as a shock because you’ve most likely heard about them. There’s probably very few things that you haven’t discussed with your friend. You most likely won’t hear about anything super shocking that could ruin a relationship since you already know this other person pretty well.
When it comes to dating, we all want to find somebody who we can connect with on a deeper level. Friends are people that we’ve connected with on many levels over time so it makes sense that we would want to date them!
If you start dating your friend and things don’t work out, you run the risk of ruining the friendship. It can be difficult to break up with somebody if you’re not really sure why you want to end things. If things go south after you’ve started dating your friend, it can be hard to back to being just friends again.
Dating someone you’ve been friends with for a while comes with its own set of challenges. You’ll have to transition from being pals to lovers, which can take some time and adjustment.
It can be really easy to get caught up in the excitement of dating your best friend and forget that they’re still your friend first and foremost. Make sure to maintain those friendship boundaries!
And if after so many facts you still don’t know is it worth to dating a friend, try online dating sites.
People often think online dating is easier than meeting real people at bars and such places because they won’t have time to get comfortable with each other before seeing their flaws up close and personal.
Online Dating is gaining more and more popularity as people start realizing how lonely life can be without someone special there by your side. We all know that Online Dating isn’t easy but we also know that some relationships aren’t meant to last forever either so what’s the harm? You never know unless you try!